Wednesday, August 5, 2026

dental fraud

 My wife and I went to a new dentist when we first moved to town. He came highly recommended so we didn’t think twice. 


At the first appointment, he told me I had 7 cavities. He told my wife she had 2. 


My wife has never had a cavity in her life. But we reluctantly got them filled. 


After she got them filled, I scheduled my appointment. But then, we got skeptical. Life comes at you fast when you’re staring at a bill to fill 7 cavities. 


So I asked for a copy of the X-rays and sent them to my uncle who is a dentist in another state. 


He confirmed what we were starting to believe. That dentist was full of it. The x-rays were such low quality that you couldn’t confirm if I had even a single cavity. Let alone 7. 


We cancelled our appointment and found a new dentist. The new dentist said I didn’t have any. 


The experience still shocks me to this day. Makes you wonder, how much medical fraud is out there that no one knows about? Especially in dentistry

No comments:

Post a Comment